Search the forum,

Discuss Real Combi Prices .. as offered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

centralheatking

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
There is so much chit chat about how much this and that cost. I put this up for info
only...no connection with this outfit. Local paper for past few months
76E2488A-F0F8-40DA-A715-9A1A212AE059.jpeg

Last edited:
Worcester 30kw combi with filter and horizontal flue is around £1350 inc vat. Boiler plus wireless stat around £50-60, £30 for chemicals and then pipe and fittings on top so your looking at around £1500 for materials, that leaves a maximum of £295 Labour before you even consider other overheads like van, insurance, public liability, gas safe registration etc etc. I would hate to see the state of the installs these guys do, the job will take them a day max which we all know you can't do even the simplest of combi swaps properly in a day.

Think they only fit a few types/models of boiler, if they bulk buy then they might get a better deal then most??!

Even so, a proper flush takes a whole day - I expect they don’t do that. But who knows they could be a charitable lot and do a great job.

Flush what’s that :D

Don’t be surprised if it’s basic controls / no controls using existing

In and out in 3-4 hours

Had a email today from a top boss of bg that’s left to set himself up

Great rates Combi to Combi 395 :D

With no business address obvious on their website, the only sensible course of action is to avoid ......

With no business address obvious on their website, the only sensible course of action is to avoid ..

While I have you is it true that under am3 you don’t need to bond the gas if it’s a pe supply ?

It will be done by a subbie that gets paid £150-£160 a job and they have to supply pipe and fittings.

Not sure I understand the question and BTW its now the 18th Edition:)

If gas is plastic supply eg pipe to the meter does it need bonding

Lost out on a conversion this week due to the fact I said I would do it over 3 days and someone else came in said two men 1 day
That is now the problem with this trade everything is done in 5 minutes.I know painters and wet trades earning more than plumbs.
Our trade is an absolute shambles from top to bottom

This affects lots of business now. Its called 'Churn' a constant throughput of new small business making promises and prices that
are not really deliverable. They then cease trading only to be replaced by the next new business which in turn ceases. Unfortunately bona fide small business gets caught in the
backwash....maybe on here we should stress that checking a business history is a vital check. centralheatking

Almost certainly not but a test of 2 would be sensible.

Out of interest how often are plastic incomers used in gas ? I've not come across any I can recall

Quite common these days as there renewing the services and threading the up through the old metal services

I’ve followed firms like these before when I’ve been to quote a job, yes it’s cheap as chips on the add, but that’s only to get them through the door, the price soon ramps up when the “extras” are added for condensate drain/increased size gas pipe/particularly dirty system so need a power flush... etc etc...

Reply to Real Combi Prices .. as offered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock