Search the forum,

Discuss RE: New PCB for a HE24? Or time for a new boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smroberts

An interesting move that - to close down a thread before I had the opportunity to thank everyone for their contributions.
I completely understand your hard line against offering advice to non-qualified 'have-a-go' DIYers. Its an obligation to disuade people from meddling with dangerous appliances, as well as self-serving your professional interests.

I think you'll find we don't care what other forums do or don't do.

I trust my instincts, and on this occasion my instincts tell me that while it's risky disturbing the combustion parts of the boiler, replacing the PCB does not warrant the need for brand new parts and an expensive call out.
I will however, follow up my installation with an inspection from a GSR engineer - it's overdue an inspection afterall and, let's face it, I'm a complete muppet.

I will now go and boil my head.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're delighted for you. My instincts are that this thread will be closed too...

Clearly some sort of cretin who hasn't read the forum rules and has no concept of his limitations.

I'm about to pull another clever move.

If you cannot abide by the forum rules, which you have demonstrated that you can't, then there is no place for you on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RE: New PCB for a HE24? Or time for a new boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and filter, new pump, plus new Hive. Did full power flush of all 5 radiators before the installation. It has been 10days and boiler stil not working...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock