• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Re. "KOP"s recommendation for a condensate connector in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Stan

Reaction score
I can't put my finger on it now, but I saw a post where someone asked about connecting the condensate flexi from a boiler to fixed 19/21 overflow pipe.

One reply was just to slide the flexi over the end of the fixed overflow but as I recall "KOP" recommended a McAlpine compression connector/coupling that has white rubber seals as well as black.

Is this the one?

Flexible to Rigid Overflow Pipe Straight Connector

This one is R1M-CO as opposed to R1M (it has the black AND white rubber seals, not just the black seals on the R1M). Obviously you blokes know this already, but I didn't.

Locally it seems that neither Plumbcenter, Grahams, Plumbase nor Plumbstop keep it on the shelf. So presumably not many people use the CO version with the white seals. Maybe they just use the standard R1M and squeeze the flexi into it with a bit of persuasion? Or just slide the flexi over the fixed.

On the basis that it might serve a purpose and it had to be ordered in specially - and it was only £2 - I ordered one today - it won't do any harm.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
i just use the standard overflow coupling and cut the rubber end off it its got one bit of silicon spray and it fits all the way to the stop

OP
S

Stan

Reaction score
"Are you Gas safe registered?"

After posting this a moment ago I did wonder if someone would ask.

Surely, in each of the other posts I have recently made I made it clear I won't be doing the work and that any installation work that's restricted to a GaseSafe installer will be done by a GasSafe installer.

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score

Surely, in each of the other posts I have recently made I made it clear I won't be doing the work and that any installation work that's restricted to a GaseSafe installer will be done by a GasSafe installer.
Do you know how many posts are posted on here a day mate? Because it is more than you could imagine and no matter how many posts you have made it sounds like you were asking for yourself. Also as an admin I am entitled to ask.

OP
S

Stan

Reaction score
Then I apologise and, of course, respect your need to ask.

bogrodder

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score

So why you asking then, leave it to your installer

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
OP
S

Stan

Reaction score
So why you asking then, leave it to your installer

Yes, indeed.

In fact why am I posting here at all anyway?

Request to mods :- Quite honestly I don't think this place is the one for me. Please delete all the, apparently contentious and inappropriate posts I was foolish enough to make. I'm obviously out of place here. I apologise.

But thanks for those who have helped. Much appreciated.

Now, excuse me while I go and find the "delete membership" button.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom