Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn plumed into vented hot water tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have a rayburn 212 that I have plumbed into a vented hot water tank as far as I am aware I do not have to vent the rayburn as the tank is vented, is this correct.
attached Is an image of the tank and a very basic schematic, fig 1 is how I have it plumed fig 2 is how I would plumb if the stove should have its own vent

Attachments

• 20230520_073423.jpg
    20230520_073423.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230520_080152.jpg
    20230520_080152.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 12
You show a primary flow and return from the Rayburn into the cylinder but the schematic doesn’t appear to show any manufacturer in and outlet. It looks like the manufacturers drawing is for a direct version of the cylinder and not an indirect cylinder which you appear to be setting up. What temperature controls and safety valves are being used? It initially looks like it’s got the potential for overheating and over-pressurisation. I might be missing something but it looks very wrong.

This is probibaly a better diagram of the cylinder, The combustion stove is direct heating the water in the cylinder and the potable water is pumped through as a heat exchange, so the cylinder is open vented and the stove is connected to the open vented section of the cylinder

Attachments

• 20230520_204244.jpg
    20230520_204244.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Rayburn plumed into vented hot water tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder is located directly above the ceiling of a new and expensive kitchen. It does not leak and causes no obvious problems. Should it be replaced? Advice...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock