Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn oil pump high pressure side in the Make a suggestion about the forum in general area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I’m after a little help with a dilemma concerning my Rayburn 460k... i Know a little bit about the oil burner and oil etc, but the problem is that I need to replace the small diameter pipe from the oil pump to the back of the manifold. I’ve tried all my normal avenues and can’t find anyone who can help.
Thanks in advance.

Just out of curiosity why do you need to change the high pressure line? Its rare to need to.
Anyway, if it needs replacing have you tried Aga/Rayburn for spares?

Just out of curiosity why do you need to change the high pressure line? Its rare to need to.
Anyway, if it needs replacing have you tried Aga/Rayburn for spares?
Believe it or not but today all of a sudden a bad smell of oil. So I pulled out the burner to investigate, and the pipe has a pin hole right behind the cone where the nut pushes it onto the pump.
It appears that the pump was loose in the motor and I assume the constant movement caused it to wear through.
I’ve tried all my normal suppliers and no one lists it and I have the original parts list and the parts not there even on the exploded diagram.
Been in the trade for 30 years alike you I’ve never seen this.

Believe it or not but today all of a sudden a bad smell of oil. So I pulled out the burner to investigate, and the pipe has a pin hole right behind the cone where the nut pushes it onto the pump.
It appears that the pump was loose in the motor and I assume the constant movement caused it to wear through.
I’ve tried all my normal suppliers and no one lists it and I have the original parts list and the parts not there even on the exploded diagram.
Been in the trade for 30 years alike you I’ve never seen this.

I have seen the high pressure line needing replacing but it is rare like I said, more often than not it a simple blast through to clear a slight obstruction is enough.
Try Aga/Rayburn direct, although I couldn't tell you when they open up again.

Reply to Rayburn oil pump high pressure side in the Make a suggestion about the forum in general area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi Can you help me determine if my new Navien lcb700 lsx is working as expected? I got the Navien oil boiler installed to replaced an old firebird boiler. The new boiler is a condensing oil boiler and I’m not sure if this is working as expected. I’ve a 300 L water cylinder and after one hour...
Replies
Views
A challenging and unusual question. We have a 40 year old Rayburn in the kitchen providing heating and hot water. I want to update to a modern efficient boiler but we don’t want to lose the Rayburn which is a feature and I don’t really want it as a lump of cold metal sitting there. Aga have...
Replies
Views
Adrian Rowlng
A
Greetings! Having just rebuilt a Rayburn 460k with (ecoflam burners) due to the dreaded warped oven protection plate, I am trying to work out if the test point temperature readings for the Rayburn are, ‘what you’d expect’ Flue ways on cooker side & boiler side, including boiler baffles all now...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock