Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn Heatranger 355 sfw solid fuel wood burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren bastin

Gas Engineer
Wondered if anybody could give me some advice. I went to look at an extension today re first fixing it and the cust tells me they are having the above quoted solid fuel rayburn. looked at the instructions no real probs. However they tell me they have in the existing part of the house a similar solid fuel rayburn on a sealed system linked to a dual coil unvented cylinder(part solar) ? Didnt think you seal solid fuel ?

The new rayburn they want for cooking and heating only(pumped to rads). Hence my question, can this be done ? the rayburn will need a heat leak, without a cylinder can the 28 mm primaries be taken (acting on gravity circulation) to non-valved towel rail instead of a cylinder and vented and filled above to an f&e tank. they have no need for a cylinder as the hot will come from the unvented.
I have yet to look at precisely what is going on in the existing part of the house. Thinking about it surely you cant stuff a solid fuel rayburn into an unvented cylinder, you cant control the heat imput ?

have a look at the rayburn web site, engineers section and you'll see a technical section with full instructions on how to install all rayburn types, follow the mfi's and you cannt go wrong, if thats no good ring the rayburn tech section, dont mess with any solid fuel if your not hetas or the warranty wont apply and youll have unhappy custards if they need any warranty work doing after youve installed it.

Wondered if anybody could give me some advice. I went to look at an extension today re first fixing it and the cust tells me they are having the above quoted solid fuel rayburn. looked at the instructions no real probs. However they tell me they have in the existing part of the house a similar solid fuel rayburn on a sealed system linked to a dual coil unvented cylinder(part solar) ? Didnt think you seal solid fuel ?

The new rayburn they want for cooking and heating only(pumped to rads). Hence my question, can this be done ? the rayburn will need a heat leak, without a cylinder can the 28 mm primaries be taken (acting on gravity circulation) to non-valved towel rail instead of a cylinder and vented and filled above to an f&e tank. they have no need for a cylinder as the hot will come from the unvented.
I have yet to look at precisely what is going on in the existing part of the house. Thinking about it surely you cant stuff a solid fuel rayburn into an unvented cylinder, you cant control the heat imput ?

as suggested visit the rayburn website, or phone them for advise. Although you have to control solid fuel systems to part L this normally uses a normally open zone valve which means its not suitable for unvented regulations. An thermal store is the more likely set up they have fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn Heatranger 355 sfw solid fuel wood burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock