Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 8210K cooker side not working in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I’m a Rayburn engineer & I’m clutching at straws with a problematic cooker!
I got called to a Customers house as their previous engineer has now washed his hands of the job … the fault is the cooker side will go through it’s prevent sequence, the burner will fire up but as soon as the transformer turns off the burnt goes out and goes to lockout.
(Boiler side works fine).

Usually for me this points to the PEC or the control box, both have been changed and the problem still happens so I changed both the finder relays (1 is for the oil pump and other is for ignition) again no joy.
I called Rayburn tech but they just referred me to the manual and to use the fault finding flow chart which isn’t helping solve the issue.

I’ve confirmed both coils are opening and do not have undervoltage and the I can see both cool bodies have been replaced recently to try and remedy the issue with no success!

My next step is to test the PEC lead for a break and/or any other wires in the control panel but it certainly seems like an electrics issue, the burnt has been fired up so much now I’ve had to replace the transformer as it was starting to melt but again the problems still exists.

I’m open to any advice or suggestions?

Thanks
Ryan

Use your multimeter and measure the microamps coming back from the cell. Might be not be within tolerance. Could be the control box mounting plate as well. I assume it's an electrical fault like you.

Use your multimeter and measure the microamps coming back from the cell. Might be not be within tolerance. Could be the control box mounting plate as well. I assume it's an electrical fault like you.

I replaced the cell & control box with the functioning one in the boiler side with no success so I think I’m down to a loose wire or potentially a bad base fixing like you suggest …. 🥵

I replaced the cell & control box with the functioning one in the boiler side with no success so I think I’m down to a loose wire or potentially a bad base fixing like you suggest …. 🥵

I'd be rewiring it from scratch using new leads. Definitely sounds like a wiring issue.

Reply to Rayburn 8210K cooker side not working in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock