Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 600k not igniting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
We have a Rayburn 600k (cooker only) which fails to ignite. Having turned it on, it cut out and went completely dead, no lights on the panel or anything. I checked the fuse In the plug, found it had failed and replaced it. Now it just fails to ignite. In turning the temperature dial, the blower starts, but there then no buzz from the igniter which usually precedes the whoosh when the burner starts. My thinking is that there's a fault with the ignition circuit which initially blew the fuse, but now just doesn't work. I'm not sure what the usual suspects could be, nor how to go about diagnosis. Any ideas or advice gratefully received....

Reply to Rayburn 600k not igniting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m a Rayburn engineer & I’m clutching at straws with a problematic cooker! I got called to a Customers house as their previous engineer has now washed his hands of the job … the fault is the cooker side will go through it’s prevent sequence, the burner will fire up but as soon as the...
Replies
Views
God how I hate this thing! So the problem with this thing aside from it being filthy and inefficient is that the boiler keeps cycling and on restarting has an explosive ignition. I've checked and rechecked the levels of the boiler burner, flushed the central heating pipes and all the rads and...
Replies
Views
C
Hello all, Like most people, I've gone to turn on my central heating after 6 months of it being off and, surprise surprise, it doesn't work. I'm trying to work out what is wrong with it myself, I enjoy the challenge and the learning process; if all fails, I can call a plumber. I have an Ideal...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock