Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 480k mostly not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Having troubles with the Rayburn 480k and possibly supporting plumbing.
When the Rayburn is cold it will fire but only one side cooker or boiler, you can not have both, and boiler is more reliable than cooker, I also think that the diverter valve or cylinder stat is not working but need hot water to pump before being able to check. The Rayburn will run for 6/7 minutes before stopping for 10 minute rest may or not fire and run again, not because of room thermostat temp.
Any advise would be welcome to get cooker and boiler working together.

Last edited:
mmm had phone call at work just after lunch to say that the third engineer had arrived. I arrived home to a cooked roast dinner and a tank of hot water. A sentence I thought I would never use. This guy and his son need knighthoods, we on the other hand got a new a built-in programmer, a cooker thermostat and (on order) the motor, electronical top of a diverter valve. The Rayburn also needed and was given a good clean out, something that had not happened for 3/4 years, my second year in the house. It really is like a new machine, maybe, this will save my Rayburn relationship because so far it was just a lump of scrap that looked the part.

Thanks for the update. I refuse to work on those Rayburns, so couldn’t advise.
Personally I think they are over complicated.

Sometimes one’s genuine desire to help outstrips ability or knowledge often with good intentions- but yes it’s best to say sorry pal I can’t help you this.

They're not that complicated if you actually bother to follow the wiring and circuit diagrams

Reply to Rayburn 480k mostly not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock