Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 460 lock out fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I am having an intermittent problem with the lock out on both the cooker and boiler side of the unit. The oil pressure is OK at 130 PSI I have tried it higher but no improvement. The jets are relatively new and the combustion chambers are clean. When just the cooker is running no lock out occurs but when both are set to run overnight lock out occurs.I have tried reducing the air supply but no improvement. Any ideas?

Hell Stephen,
If the cooker works okay on its own, but locks out if the boiler is on? It may be an oil issue, have you checked the filters either at the tank or inline? Maybe an issue of oil 'starvation' when both burners are running.
I would put the air supply back as you found it as this could cause you issues sooner or later.
Regards, Allen.

How are you checking combustion if you are fiddling with oil and air settings.

Time to stop fiddling and get somebody in who knows what they are doing.

Oil boilers are just as dangerous as gas appliances and are definitely not a diy job.

Check your CO2 readings on cooker and boiler when running separately, then again when running both together. Does it change?

Reply to Rayburn 460 lock out fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for several hours before it will fire back up! Only to lock out again after 30/40 minutes! The boiler has had a new nozzle, coil and pump in the last 2...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
A
I have a oil fired Rayburn with a BM controller and flexitemp, installed for 10yrs +, which has developed a fault. It runs OK either high or low settings through the day but when left over night on low setting goes out ? Flexitemp seems to operate when tested Any help would be appreciated
Replies
Views
Andrew N Yorkshire
A
D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the gas then goes out and then comes back on (not sure if this is usual to control the water temp), it does this a few times but then the boiler fails to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock