Search the forum,

Discuss Ravenheat RSF84 timer question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Boyle

Hi all. I have a question about using the timer on my ravenheat Rs84 combi boiler. Basically I've never been able to get the timer to work, although the boiler does work fine in winter mode. When I turn the controls to winter mode the boiler starts heating water and the radiators around the house get warm. When the house gets warm enough we either turn the temperature down on the front of the boiler or just turn the bouler back to taps only mode. It's a bit prehistoric but it works. But now we have a baby and we don't want her getting cold in the winter so it's time for me to get this timer thing solved! The thing I dont understand is that the timer doesn't seem to turn the boiler off. The timer is able to be programmed and it shows that it should be on or off appropriately and the red indicator light on the timer itself comes on when the timer is set to on. But when the timer shows that the central heating should be off, it doesn't go off. It just stays on like its on constant. Does this mean my timer is faulty? Or is there something I'm missing. I've looked at the manual and it says to do a continuity test between point 3 and 5 in the diagram but the battery in my multimeter needs changing so until the one I just ordered arrives I can't test that. Just wondering if there's an obvious gotcha that I have missed?

the obvious bit is to call a technician that knows how to check out whats wrong.

the obvious bit is to call a technician that knows how to check out whats wrong.

i agree that's an option but I don't really want to pay for a technician to come out when all I really want to know is:

1. Should the boiler Automaticaly come on constant when I put it in winter mode?

2. Shoul the relay in the timer switch be closed to turn the boiler on or off?

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ravenheat RSF84 timer question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock