Search the forum,

Discuss Ravenheat CSI 85T internal Condenser leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antzheat

Having investigated this boiler (Ravenheat CSI 85T) I have come to the conclusion that there is an internal leak in the condenser. The pressure drops on the boiler over a period of 24 hours (boiler isolated from system) and there seems to be more water than expected from the condensate drain in normal CH use. However, it seems that the pressure drop is greater when the boiler is in use (CH hot), which I can't test in isolation, but might stand to reason. There are no internal leaks including from air vent (I know - surprising for a Ravenheat!).

Has anyone any experience replacing the condenser, willing to give hints and tips before I undertake this? Particularly, what they used to seal between the condenser and the combustion cavity - it looks a mess.

The Condenser unit appears to be constructed in two parts with the top bolted on. There must be a gasket between the top and bottom, is this user serviceable, or likely to be the source of the leak?

My understanding is that the unit is Aluminium and subject to corrosion and likely to have been perforated. Anyone else found this?

Thanks for your help!

if the recouperator has burst you will need a new boiler,they are big bucks and then you have to remove the fan that corrodes onto it

The connection to fan assembly doesn't seem too bad and I was expecting to have to remove the fan. The connection to the burner cavity on the other hand doesn't look so good, so not sure on the seal here.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has removed one of these and look at it. Is there a serviceable gasket between the top and bottom parts of the condenser where it is bolted together and is this where the leak normally is? Or is it normally corrosion inside?

The condenser itself isn't to expensive (considering) and the boiler is only 7 years old, but like most Ravenheats, most of it has been replaced and by all accounts it has been behaving for the last couple of years.

Any input welcomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ravenheat CSI 85T internal Condenser leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecoFit pure 830 which developed the f.22 fault, the pressure had dropped to 0.2 bar, i refilled the system and away it went, i noticed yesterday that there was water on the floor below the boiler and noticed that water was leaking from a small hole located behind the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock