Search the forum,

Discuss Rattling pipes after new bathroom in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

bobgarden

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a customer with a new ensuite fitted. The fitter has tiled top to bottom and now the customer has slight rattles coming from round the toilet / sink area when the taps / washer-dishwasher are used down stairs.
Anyone had good success with mini arrester (water hammer vessels?)
Id like to try one near the mains incomer to see if it will help
Any thoughts?
Many thanks

I have a customer with a new ensuite fitted. The fitter has tiled top to bottom and now the customer has slight rattles coming from round the toilet / sink area when the taps / washer-dishwasher are used down stairs.
Anyone had good success with mini arrester (water hammer vessels?)
Id like to try one near the mains incomer to see if it will help
Any thoughts?
Many thanks

Anyone got any thoughts???

If the rattles are pipes moving, then the solution is for them to be clipped/secured correctly.

I personally have never used the device you're talking about as a shock absorber so I can't comment from experience of whether it will work or not. In theory it sounds like it might.

If I were the home owner and this occurred following the installation, I would be back onto the installers. Have they tried that route?

Reply to Rattling pipes after new bathroom in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock