Search the forum,

Discuss Range rating for a Grant Vortex Pro External Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new Grant Vortex Pro External Condensing Combi Oil Boiler belches vast amonts of steam condensate fromthe exhaust flue. It clearly needs its maximum allowed rating adjusting downwards. Is it possible to do this please? If so, where is the adjustment?

You'll not touch it. It's doing what it should be doing.

You know what condensing means don't you?

It is quite normal for condensing boilers to produce billowing plumes. Way in excess of their non condensing counterparts. You certainly arent the first homeowner to be startled by the difference.

You should not adjust anything.

Indeed I do. The boiler can only achieve max efficiency by leaving the condensate within the heat exchanger to deliver its latent heat to the system, not the air outside. The
rating is too high for the system load.

Indeed I do. The boiler can only achieve max efficiency by leaving the condensate within the heat exchanger to deliver its latent heat to the system, not the air outside. The
rating is too high for the system load.

your a special kind of prat aren't you ,leave the boiler alone and go back to your crayons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Range rating for a Grant Vortex Pro External Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off with a Reillo cover plate to stop vermin getting into the open fan motor.If is blanked over will need a further combustion test to confirm adequate...
Replies
Views
I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in multiple warranty visits, part replacements and eventually burner replacement. The replaced burner I discovered was a 'yellow flame' one, apparently...
Replies
Views
Hi, is it ok to turn on and use new grants external oil combi boiler, before it gets commisioned next week ? or can this cause any damage at all, ? many thanks.
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
Please help Our Grant Vortex Pro oil combi boiler seems to have developed a drip from some sort of valve where it looks like there's a limescale build up. There is no water at all from hot tap and no pressure in the boiler. The heating works fine however. Is there something I can do or should...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock