Search the forum,

Discuss Rainwater into soil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JNPHeat

Hi I have a downpipe that needed cutting back to allow a new soil pipe, is it ok to drop it into the soil or will it need to go over to a gulley? WP_20130922_002.jpg

Its not ideal but can you take it around the soil pipe and down to the original grid. If you tee it into the soil pipe leaves and moss off the roof could block the pipe.

Thanks I could go round but it is not going to look very nice that's all.

That is a digging job, move the RWP over to the right and start digging for a new gully, good luck with the crossover underground, better to struggle with levels with rainwater than foul, BTW if its an old house it might well be a combine system, then no problems, hope it's not a separate system, mind the dish, BTW is that a durgo on the top of the vent and if it is why??

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the other guys say, if all else fails a double offset over the soil, trust this is the back of the house, look a bit of a mess, will SFA 6 come into play here??? Putting the RWP into the soil is a hanging offence. Still not got an answer on the durgo. BTW with it been an old house and the RW gulley will go into the same drain has the soil stack, so moving the gully it to the other side should be easy.

If drains in back Garden are shared yes. But also good to use it as benchmark for all below ground drainage.

Thanks for replies I am going to move it over, it is an external durgo valve just thought it looked better.

Ermitrude,

Can you attach the relevant SFA 6 would like to look at it. All these regulations are really smart if people abide by them.

I fish the river Tame for trout and there is a new RW 1000mm dia outflow off a new estate and there are panty liners coming down it into the river, now UU need to find where and what idiot dropped a foul into the RW.

Tony

Thanks for replies I am going to move it over, it is an external durgo valve just thought it looked better.

Offset would look much better, they have been using them for the last 100 years, what did we do before durgos and the internet BTW I don't like to see long near horizontal soil pipe like that, I might have dug up and moved the drain over , if it was my house

No u have to pay for it unfortunately. Mate is an inspector will ask if he can email.

Ermintrude,

That's the trouble, no buys it or can afford to, no one knows what's inside it, it isn't going to get implemented , love to see where it says RW should be above foul, in the real world does that happen, do you know when the dual system was brought in, my house is 21 years old and it has a dual system, we have rivers nearby, much lower than the estate.

It's pretty hard to get a development signed off or the drains adopted if they arnt. It's more of a civils thing than plumbing. The fouls should be below surface so that when the foul leaches the contaminants don't enter the surface. With combined its fine as all the water is treated. Overspill is acceptable in peak discharge providing tod is low ( toxic oxygen demand, how much oxygen is removed from the water in degrading pollutants .)

Ermintrude,

That's the trouble, no buys it or can afford to, no one knows what's inside it, it isn't going to get implemented , love to see where it says RW should be above foul, in the real world does that happen, do you know when the dual system was brought in, my house is 21 years old and it has a dual system, we have rivers nearby, much lower than the estate.

The cost of doing business some same. It would be worth it if it were enforced!

It's not just SFA 6. Part h of building regs, bs en 752 , building act 1984 section 63.........

Bit like being GSR and g3 no one really bothers as expensive...... Only the professionals and competent installers recognise that the requirements and regs make sense !

Hi I have a downpipe that needed cutting back to allow a new soil pipe, is it ok to drop it into the soil or will it need to go over to a gulley?View attachment 15025

Look at page 11 of H1 section 1.33 says air admittance devices should not be used outside a building, bloody regulation I must say this is the first time I have ever seen one outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rainwater into soil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock