Search the forum,

Discuss Rads not heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello guys, I looked at heating system yesterday. A large 2 story house with 2 story extension at back. The rads to extension never worked. Its a 90,000 btu oil fired boiler. Pipes from boiler are 22mm (should be 28mm) coming from shad near house. From what I can see I think flow and return for extension were teed into the existing flow and return undreground between boiler and house. I might put in a stronger circulating pump. If that doesent work, would pressuring the system make a difference to give system equal pressure.

What’s the existing pump and how many rads ?

I would try swapping the pump first

The resistance of the circuit eg boiler, pipe work and radiators

Reply to Rads not heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system which I'm looking to replumb. Our house has had various extensions of heating system with newbuild extension and other additional rads over the years and now the system is inefficient and doesn't heat up consistently. In the extension, because the...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock