Search the forum,

Discuss Rads drops chased into walls. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Hope you are doing well.

I have been asked to install a whole new system which they want all the drops chased into the walls for the rads. Usually I don't bother with this but they are willing to pay good money for it. Does anyone do it? What pipe do you use, and do you go vertically down straight to each valve? Not really wanting to go all the way to the corner for a chase and then horizontal to rad valves.

Thanks all

Normally centre of the rad

Me personally I would use 15mm copper wrapped in waterproof duct tape

Attachments

• B8EC30B9-4879-4275-855D-C650B697214E.jpeg
    B8EC30B9-4879-4275-855D-C650B697214E.jpeg
    670.8 KB · Views: 24
There are rads available that have central connections at the bottom of the rad or at one end of the rad.
It means you can get 2 pipes down through 1 chase.
You need a certain type of rad valve, but ends up cheaper than doing 2 chases.
The T/Head fits into a port at the top of the rad.

Try looking for central connection radiators.

There are rads available that have central connections at the bottom of the rad or at one end of the rad.
It means you can get 2 pipes down through 1 chase.
You need a certain type of rad valve, but ends up cheaper than doing 2 chases.
The T/Head fits into a port at the top of the rad.

Try looking for central connection radiators.

Hi Oz, thanks for the reply and advice. I had already quoted for the job before they asked me to chase the pipes in. I guess I need to tell them now that we need to change the rads.

On another note, anyone want some work in Weybridge beginning of August. You can take on the whole job or help me out. ;)

Hi Oz, thanks for the reply and advice. I had already quoted for the job before they asked me to chase the pipes in. I guess I need to tell them now that we need to change the rads.

On another note, anyone want some work in Weybridge beginning of August. You can take on the whole job or help me out. ;)

Or extra cost as they didn’t let you know they wanted it chased in

I normally find it adds around a week depending if your bonding them as well

Hi Shaun, you seem to be a very knowledgeable guy. Do you know of a manufacturer that makes a solvent weld soil pipe to BS EN 1329 (that can withstand a temps from a temp and pressure relief valve). Struggling looking for them. Marley apparently do but cannot find and Polypipe only do waste fittings to Mupvc but not the soul pipe? Cheers mate

Hi Shaun, you seem to be a very knowledgeable guy. Do you know of a manufacturer that makes a solvent weld soil pipe to BS EN 1329 (that can withstand a temps from a temp and pressure relief valve). Struggling looking for them. Marley apparently do but cannot find and Polypipe only do waste fittings to Mupvc but not the soul pipe? Cheers mate

Have a look at mupvc for 50mm and below (pipekit sells this)

Soil pipe these days all the main manufacturers can take d2 as it’s a thicker wall than waste pipes so can take the hour rating

Attachments

• 5A2F4F73-428E-46CA-94E4-1AEB849F8DCB.png
    5A2F4F73-428E-46CA-94E4-1AEB849F8DCB.png
    578.4 KB · Views: 5
Have a look at mupvc for 50mm and below (pipekit sells this)

Soil pipe these days all the main manufacturers can take d2 as it’s a thicker wall than waste pipes so can take the hour rating
Hi Shaun, thanks for this. Yes been looking st poly pipe mupvc which is what Williams and Co sell but poly pipe soil pipe is only rated to 60 degrees. So looking for soil pipe that is ok.

Is all plastic underground drainage capable of withstanding these temps?

I would say you were fine temp wise it’s not going to effect it (don’t forget push fit soil and solvent weld have different ratings) , done it many a time with poly pipe pushfit as it’s rated to 1329 they don’t make anything domestically with a higher rating commercially eg durapipe and Vulcathene

I would say you were fine temp wise it’s not going to effect it (don’t forget push fit soil and solvent weld have different ratings) , done it many a time with poly pipe pushfit as it’s rated to 1329 they don’t make anything domestically with a higher rating commercially eg durapipe and Vulcathene

Thanks Shaun. Pushfit poly soil pipe it will have to be. Was hoping to use solvent weld as I could cut the pipe a little shorter and the socket to gain a bit of depth but I can cut a bit of the floor out.

I think it’s todo with the glue softening when you have high temperatures you will come across this when you remove a fitting with a hair dryer

Reply to Rads drops chased into walls. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock