• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Rads drops chased into walls. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Hope you are doing well.

I have been asked to install a whole new system which they want all the drops chased into the walls for the rads. Usually I don't bother with this but they are willing to pay good money for it. Does anyone do it? What pipe do you use, and do you go vertically down straight to each valve? Not really wanting to go all the way to the corner for a chase and then horizontal to rad valves.

Thanks all

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Normally centre of the rad

Me personally I would use 15mm copper wrapped in waterproof duct tape

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

Attachments

• B8EC30B9-4879-4275-855D-C650B697214E.jpeg
    B8EC30B9-4879-4275-855D-C650B697214E.jpeg
    670.8 KB · Views: 18

mutley racers

Plumber
Gas Engineer

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
There are rads available that have central connections at the bottom of the rad or at one end of the rad.
It means you can get 2 pipes down through 1 chase.
You need a certain type of rad valve, but ends up cheaper than doing 2 chases.
The T/Head fits into a port at the top of the rad.

Try looking for central connection radiators.

mutley racers

Plumber
Gas Engineer
There are rads available that have central connections at the bottom of the rad or at one end of the rad.
It means you can get 2 pipes down through 1 chase.
You need a certain type of rad valve, but ends up cheaper than doing 2 chases.
The T/Head fits into a port at the top of the rad.

Try looking for central connection radiators.

Hi Oz, thanks for the reply and advice. I had already quoted for the job before they asked me to chase the pipes in. I guess I need to tell them now that we need to change the rads.

On another note, anyone want some work in Weybridge beginning of August. You can take on the whole job or help me out. ;)

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Oz, thanks for the reply and advice. I had already quoted for the job before they asked me to chase the pipes in. I guess I need to tell them now that we need to change the rads.

On another note, anyone want some work in Weybridge beginning of August. You can take on the whole job or help me out. ;)

Or extra cost as they didn’t let you know they wanted it chased in

mutley racers

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Shaun, you seem to be a very knowledgeable guy. Do you know of a manufacturer that makes a solvent weld soil pipe to BS EN 1329 (that can withstand a temps from a temp and pressure relief valve). Struggling looking for them. Marley apparently do but cannot find and Polypipe only do waste fittings to Mupvc but not the soul pipe? Cheers mate

Reply to Rads drops chased into walls. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net