Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators won't heat up? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

K

Kristian

We have a oil burner and recently got a back boiler stove plumber in. The pipes were already there for the stove but have been dormant for 8 years until I got the stove plumbed in. It created a massive air lock in the system. The radiators are ran on 2 loops (living area and bedrooms) I got the air out of the living system but only 1 of the 4 radiators in the bedroom area are warming up. I've tried bleeding them all an got no air. Was up in the attic and the one radiator which is getting warm there's a T to another radiator an the pipes coming off this are only warm for about a foot before going cold, tried bleeding and no joy.. Any help or suggestions be greatly appreciated

Who plumbed in the solid fuel stove and what brand ?

Will the rads heat on either system burner or back boiler? Check the circulating pump by removing the screw on the top, sometimes air gets trapped there and this can be an easy fix. A gravity-fed system can be tricky to get back circulating if there are lots of radiators. You can try to close off the rad valves leaving the furthest one open with the central heating on. Check also if the back boiler heats up from the boiler.

Reply to Radiators won't heat up? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock