Search the forum,

Discuss radiators switching off when boiler on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a old Saunier e30 boiler that has been causing issues on and off for a while. The radiators will stop working despite the boiler being set to constant, alongside this, even when switching off the constant switch it fails to shut off, it could stay on for hours with no heating only hot water, unless i switch of at the master switch. In the past after a night like this the next day it would go back to normal, heating and hot water working. Its now becoming a regular occurence and the last time would not correct for 3 days, where the reset button somehow worked after a plumber looked inside.

The pressure is only 0.8, though i realise thats not much less than 1, the water was boiling about 15 minues before the radiators just stopped working, too hot. There was a small leak that the plumber fixed inside with a new washer. I asked if it was the pump causing the lack of heating, he said that was impossible as i have hot water, i asked if it was the thermostat, he said he was unable to ID the issue as it was now 'working' I am dubious about that to be honest - would really appreciate any thoughts people have?

Thank you.

Reply to radiators switching off when boiler on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock