Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators not working, bathroom towel heaters not workin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

I have a bit of problem with my heating.

1. One of the radiators in my main bedroom is not getting warm enough and one radiator in my other bedroom is not getting warm at all. All other radiators are working fine as in getting warm quickly and really hot as well.
  2. I have two bathroom but none of the heating towel rails are working at all.

What could be the problem and how do I fix this?

Thanks,

Naveen

Start by bleeding the problem rads and see how much air if any there is.

As above ^^, but check if your heating system is a sealed type because it might need topped up in pressure.
Heating systems, whether sealed type, or open vented (fed with a little water tank), when they start to run out of water/pressure the highest radiators will stop working.

Hi All,
Thanks so much for your responses.
I tried all of it but nothing worked. In the end I called the AA and they fixed it.

However, few weeks later on, one radiator (in the bedroom) sometimes works and sometimes does not. When it does work, it heats up slowly and does not reach the full heating temprature.

Isn't that strange. What could be the problem?

thanks,
Naveen

What was wrong with the system previously?
Your radiator that is erratically working and not to full heat, could be one of a few things and anybodys guess. Often if there is a thermostatic radiator valve (TRV) on the rad, it can be sticking. The head of the valve can be removed and also check if pin on valve body is seizing.
Or it could be partial blockage in pipes or radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators not working, bathroom towel heaters not workin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock