Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators not warm as they were in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soneill657

Hi I have a baxi 105e boiler and for the past year the radiators haven't been heating up the way they wear. The upstairs radiator are much colder than downstairs and one upstairs one is not getting heat like the rest of them.

Have balanced the system and still nothing.
Heard that it could be the pcb board or thermostat would this be right

Also when the boiler was running at full temp when it got to 80 oc it turned off then kicked back in when needed it is not doing this anymore.

Another thing is that when the boiler is first turned on the pump will make a loud humming noise then disappear.

Help please it snowing and my house is freezing brrr

turn off the boiler, turn off both the flow and return taps under the boiler, the first 22mm pipe on the left and the last 22mm pipe on the right, unscrew the end caps on each of the fittings, drain the boiler into your sink bucket, clean out the black sludge with a thin probe of some sort, wrap some ptfe around the threads put the end caps back on. re presure the boiler, turn back on hey presto...........

Have done this still nothing cleaned the return filter aswell have heard it might be the pcb board is this turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators not warm as they were in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
My father has a parkray fire which has a back boiler . He had a leaky radiator, when he was attempting to fix leak the circulating pump (grundfos) was making a rattling noise this stopped once the radiator leak was fixed ( he lost a fair bit of water ) . The problem being now is that the...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
I'm trying to get to grips with a system I have inherited as a new home owner. I know that single pipe systems are crap and should be replaced, but that's not an option right now so I have to make sure what I do have is set up correctly. My bills are astronomical - £6-700 a month right now, and...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, Recently moved into a property which has an Atag IS40 System Boiler (2018) with hot water tank. We've noticed that something is continuously running. The flame symbol isn't present on the display, but the boiler is warm to touch and is making a noise. The CH Demand icon (radiator) is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock