Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators hot upstairs, stone cold downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on my central heating. We moved into a house with an 'Exclusive ProCombi 24' boiler about a year ago, and it's been working well up until 2 days ago. Some radiators were warm rather than hot, so we bled the radiators. This caused the pressure to drop, so we upped it to 1 and a half where we believe it shold be. However we noticed then the following day that every radiator downstairs was stone cold, while all the upstairs radiators were boiling hot - except one radiator downstairs in the kitchen which was slightly warm.

We bled all the cold radiators which didn't help, but I then saw a YouTube video of how to open the pump and 'loosen' the spindle/mechanim. After unscrewing the pump bleed screw, hot water was leaking out as expected. I then tried turned the spindle with a flat head screwdriver a few times to ensure it's loose, and after putting it back together tried the heating again but it unfortunately didn't make a difference.

I'd like to exhaust whatever diagnostic options we have before paying for an engineer to take a look, so is there anything we can do to attempt to fix it or diagnose where the fault is? The pump itself is hot too the touch, and you can feel low vibrations which I'm hoping is good news!

Thanks - might be worth noting the boiler is downstairs, so I find it odd that upstairs work but downstairs doesn't

As it a combi boiler best to get a gas safe engy to replace the pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators hot upstairs, stone cold downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock