Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators getting hot when using hot water in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

Got a issue with a Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior. Have replaced the expansion vessle and PRV due to the vessle splitting and prv letting by.

After this there are 3 radiators 2 towel rads and one bedroom rad which get hot when running hot water tap.

I have checked the diverter valve and the pin moves up and down when hot water tap is opened and then heating is turned on and vice versa.

Any ideas what could be causing just the 3 rads to get hot. They don't have trvs on them.

Diverter letting by? If you’re vessel was split, could be dirty system.
Yeah the system was quite dirty when drained and boiler taken of the wall to replace vessle. There is no filter on the system so customer wants a power flush and filter added sometime soon.

I had a look at the diverter valve and the motor and come out from the paddle slot (must have happened when boiler was taken of the wall).

Have sloted the motor back in and told customer to let the rads cool down and try again.

Otherwise looks like diverter will need replacing.

Reply to Radiators getting hot when using hot water in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock