Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators getting hot at the top but not the bottom in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello
I am having a problem with my heating system

My radiator are getting hot at the top but are cold at the bottom.

Was told by a powerflusher who came around and checked the radiators with a thermal imaging camera and was advised they are not blocked and does not need a power flush.

Decided because the system is 5 years old we have had a new boiler fitted and are still having the same problem.

Can any one please offer any advise on what to try next

The boiler, pipework and radiators are 5 years old?
Combi boiler or boiler and hot water cylinder?
Are the radiators pipes in 15mm pipe?

Post some pictures to give us some more info

The boiler, pipework and radiators are 5 years old?
Combi boiler or boiler and hot water cylinder?
Are the radiators pipes in 15mm pipe?

Post some pictures to give us some more info
It is a combi boiler, big system 22m bead with outlets to the rad at 15mm for 5 years every thing was fine that is why we fitted a new boiler today

If it’s a big system the boiler or pipework could be undersized.
What did the installer say?
Did they flush and balance the system?

Can any one please offer any advise on what to try next
There's not enough hot water is being pumped through the radiators. Could be several reasons for this so I'll just ask a couple of questions to get the ball rolling.

There should be an inline filter somewhere have you checked it doesn't need cleaning? Is the system controlled by a zone valve? If so does it seem to be opening fully? What setting is the pump on? How much gas is being used per hour by the boiler?

Can you post some pictures

What boiler?
What controls?
How many radiators?
Do any of them get hot?

Reply to Radiators getting hot at the top but not the bottom in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock