Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators cooling down at different rates. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Why do some radiators cool more quickly than others?

my boiler is less than 12 months old, heats up really quickly, we’ve got around 12 rads throughout the house.
but the two in the lounge get raging hot like all the others, but once thermostat reaches desired temperature,
they cool much quicker than all the others.

the problem is my mother in law watches telly in this room and she cries that it’s too cold.
the rest of the house is hot/very warm as the radiators retain their heat for far longer.

if anything the two radiators in question are probably the newest rads in the house.
they are also the furthest away from the boiler - is this anything to do with it?

any advice will be very welcome

many thanks

Steel panel rads retain heat better than aluminium ones but take longer to heat up. Are you sure they’re all the same.

Individual trvs give control of heat input to each radiator the furthest rads away can suffer from less heat if not sized or balanced correctly. Kop

A likely explanation for your new radiators cooling down quickly is they are more efficient than others in the house. An efficient radiator will have a lower volume of water which heats up the radiator quickly, but that reduced volume of water will also cool down quickly. If the radiator has convection fins those will also accelerate the transfer of heat from water/metal to air.

Tell your mother in law to put a sock in it.

I did about 2 years ago - should have done it 20 years ago.

Reply to Radiators cooling down at different rates. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock