Search the forum,

Discuss radiators cold at the bottom in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

johnski

Our newly bought house doesnt have a filter on the combi and most of the radiators (microbore) dont heat up at the bottom which im putting down to sludge and other gunk

i intend to fit a filter (not sure which 1 yet) and run some clearer through it (fernox f3 has been recommended)

i am also tempted to remove the rads and take them outside and run a hose through to see if that removes anything

is there anything else that could be causing the cold at the bottom issue?

oh, probably also related to this, i keep getting a error on the combi, something about the return temp (cant remember if its too high or too low), i can get round this if i gradually increase the rad water temp, start at 50 then turn it up 5 degrees every 5 minutes or so, but if i just start at say 65 the combi shuts off and give me the error, related to the rad issue or impossible to say?

Large radiator (2000mm x 70 mm), probably last in run of 15, only heats up in top half. Have removed radiator and flushed through but no benefit. Supply pipe to radiator very hot, return pipe hardly warm. Altering lock shield valve no effect. Open system, all other radiators working fine. Any suggestions?
Thanks in anticipation.

Is there a trv on the flow?
If so the pin could well be stuck, remove the head and wiggle the pin in and out with a pair of pliers - if this frees it off the rad will suddenly become hot, then replace the head.

Reply to radiators cold at the bottom in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock