Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators boiling but no hot water from taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 108976

We have a coal fired Parkray room heater, running 6 radiators. They are all red hot but there's no hot water from the tap. What should I do? I'm quite nervous about the back boiler blowing up.

If the water from the hot taps is cold then there is a problem with the gravity circulation side around the indirect cylinder (I am assuming this is your set up). It could be as simple as lack of water in the system or an air lock but it could also be a blockage so best to call a heating engineer to confirm the route is clear.

Get an immersion put in it will save you loads in the summer
you will get the instal cost back really fast...I would not ask your landlord just get it done.
centralheatking

Housing bum is great Rob, I will ask them. We had a new kitchen put in the immersion switch was taken off for the new splashbacks, I'll moan at them to gimme a new one.
TY all for your help, the plumber has been now. When I asked him what had gone wrong, he said he wasn't really sure but it was sorted now :D

Reply to Radiators boiling but no hot water from taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock