Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator won't quite align with pipework in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all, hope someone can adivse me.

I've renovating an old, old house, and am in the process of replacing the radiators. So far, so good, but the last radiator in the house is a pig. The existing pipework is set into tiling and is totally immovable, with no give or play in the pipe at all.
Getting the old radiator off was getting the point where I was considering cutting it off as there just wasn't enough play to unhook the tails.

Instead of trying to refit it, I bought a slightly narrower one instead intending to use extending tails to fit it into place. However, the reason the rads were removed was to skim the walls wiht plaster, and now the tails of the radiator will not align precisely with the existing pipework. If there was a bit of play in the pipework then this wouldn't be an issue, but there is absolutely zero give.

So, what can I do to give myself enough play? Flexible hose would be perfect but they don't seem to exist for radiators...

Is the main issue here the added wall thickness with the extra layer of plaster on top? If so I would consider recessing the brackets into the wall by the thickness of the plaster.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your issue.

Depending on what space there is , or isnt , could the rad be connected with a couple of neat “offsets “ , you may need a plumber who can pipe bend .

Agree with kop bender or 45 normally sort all / any problems out

OK, thanks for all the replies and advice, I greatly appreciate it. It looks like I'll be bending some tube! I was hoping there would be some sort of 'problem solver' widget out there for this situation, but guess not.

I did find this thing, but they don't sell in the UK.

Reply to Radiator won't quite align with pipework in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi - we have had new radiators fitted about 6 months ago ("DuraTherm Horizontal Double Flat Panel Designer Radiator" from plumbworld - sorry, this site won't allow me to include a link to the site). Every radiator in the house was swapped for one of these apart from an older one in the...
Replies
Views
I have a 320 sqft double storey house with 6 bedrooms. The house is serviced by two heat only boilers (non condensing); a 120k btu (35kw) and a 70k btu (20kw). Both Boilers are installed at ground floor (120k at front and 70k at the back). Front boiler serving front downstairs and upstairs rooms...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a question after having a good read. House is undergoing a complete renovation and new pipework needs to be installed for the heating system. The current boiler is a WB Greenstar 34CDI combi boiler and is not very old so I wanted to reuse this in a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock