Search the forum,

Discuss radiator with room stat in as bypass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi is it sufficient to leave the radiator in the room were the room stat is going as the system bypass by leaving it with two lock shield valves on it?

I thought this was standard practice?
it used to be.
The question is incomplete.
could be ok for y plan or where there is no zoning.
But imagine a s plan with pump over run, answer -NO
Best practice is to fit an auto bypass, in addition to room with stat not having a trv.

I thought that most new combis had a bypass built in - have not had a combi done for a while now

centralheatking

I thought that most new combis had a bypass built in - have not had a combi done for a while now

centralheatking

Baxi range use side of plate or older ones have a tube. Ideal logics require 10% uncontrolled. Think valliant use plate but always leave 10% of any combi.

if your asking if an uncontrolled radiator will be enough for a system thats not zoned then probably yes, if your asking if it meets the regs then no.

if your asking if an uncontrolled radiator will be enough for a system thats not zoned then probably yes, if your asking if it meets the regs then no.
The gas safe engineer who fit the heating in my house a couple of years back has just left a radiator as a bypass, no over bypass has been fitted. Do people still fit gate vales a fraction open as a bypass?

Used to back in 90's on every system. Now auto pressure differential type ..... Apparently. ( still use 15mm gate)

Just enough so it didn't get hot just warm when rads were on, listen to it as you open it it starts to make a very slight noise, other way is close it down just to the point before it stops making a noise. If u can't get in to listen bit of 15mm tube with cap on end , push one end against valve and other against the little lug at front of ear and u will hear water running through valve. ( obviously ch needs to be running )

it should be a auto bypass set to the requirements of the boiler. (Min flow rate) it will save you energy over a permently open one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator with room stat in as bypass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock