Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator valve tool - better options please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jerry

Gas Engineer
Anyone got a better tool/plan/idea that using a small spanner when opening and closing multiple rad valves?

PS on a powerflush.....

Cheers,

J

2019-06-26 14.00.29.jpg

Only an idea. I used to keep a few old rad valve heads on the van but now I use an adjustable.

Its a pain in the bum, a rechargeable screw driver with a suitable socket on the end might do the trick, I just suffer and swear saying things like
'oh dear this is so silly' centralheatking

I can feel an invention coming on, be better than a fluxinator anyway..
you know what ben gee, it crossed my mind ...but we are full up until this time next year
it costs up to £50,000 per project before any return and we have three at present. Tum is ok now paying for itself but Tum 2 is lurking around its scary but I like it.
nice idea ben gee you do it I will help you no problem foc as well
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Mebbe one of these? Really handy for a lot of jobs anyway so not just for people who need to save 8 seconds opening or shutting a rad valve

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bahco-pocket-socket-set-25pcs/21134
That was what I was talking about above I suppose, and it is ideal. but its not the 8 secs is it, there can be damage to the wheel head and also to the wall
and to do a proper drain down and flush etc with 12 rads say a number of times off and on it gets very wearing. esp if you have arthritic hands as I do after 40 years ...I dont fit anymore I design but just done a 9 rad system in my new gaff myself over the weekend and yes my hands are suffering
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
and yes...one naughty joint my fault not a Flowfex fitting

I've been told the fluxinator is a favorite of STD clinics where it's been "reassigned" to clean the heads of dirty skanks...the 28mm version obviously.
really that flux thing at the top of the page, saw that this morning laco comes with a brush, then was wrong with a finger huh. mind you got some everflux or bakers blue in my eye on the M5 years ago uck, pulled the Transit over ripped out the screen wash bottle instant relief Rob Foster aka centralheatking

This ones for free Jerry...patent pending.

Cut the head off that or a cheap 1/4" valve key making sure the square hole runs all the way through and use it as a socket with a 1/4" socket drive.

Ratcheting 12 point ring spanner may work in the square heads, but the thinner ones, either as suggested keep/use valve head or keep using adjustable.

hvac wrench should work

A simple one but as I power flush all the time.
The old fashioned cross tap head will fit. The ones from 30 years ago and are strong. The taps that are square at the base that use to go in the old twyfords basins. If I come across them I always keep the heads. I have also used in the past the handle of an outside tap. But it’s made of brass so not as durable.
Hope the suggestions help.

Reply to Radiator valve tool - better options please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock