Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator removal help in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks, I need to remove this Stelrad for decorating. Its not going back, and I've a plumber coming next week to fit the new ones. Id quite like to remove it to get behind and clean up. (Im bored and its not that important) I thought it was relatively easy to cap and remove but i can't seem to figure it out. Should i just have to turn the thermostat off and turn the other end clockwise as far as it goes?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20200714_164814.jpg
    20200714_164814.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200714_164852.jpg
    20200714_164852.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 8
You will need an Allen key from the left hand side and just close the trv then undo the nuts and drain the rad

You will need an Allen key from the left hand side and just close the trv then undo the nuts and drain the rad
I thought that. Just allen key it clockwise all the way? Water started coming out when i did this. The TRV on the other side doesn't have a 0 on it. Just the star symbol which i thought was the frost setting? Guess ill just let the plumber do it rather than get involved . Thanks for the reply though

Reply to Radiator removal help in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock