Search the forum,

Discuss radiator only getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have gas central heating with a conventional boiler with a cold water tank and a hot water storage cylinder.

One of my radiators towards the end of the run used to get hot and I would then control the temperature with the TRV valve. Someone has turned the lock shield valve on the opposite end to the TRV valve and now it only gets slightly warm. I think it was done in error by a guest staying in the bedroom.

The the inlet pipe on the lock shield valve only seems to be very slightly warm whereas the other end with the TRV is a lot warmer.

I am still only able to get a slightly warm radiator even if I turn other radiators off.

Does anyone know which way (clockwise or anti clockwise) I should try turning the lock shield to increase the heat in the problem radiator. Can I do this whilst the system is running or wait until it goes cold ?

Any advice much appreciated.

Anti clockwise
Quarter a turn at a time, give it 5 min in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator only getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock