Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator not work in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I have a bit of a strange problem with my radiator in the bedroom. At some point it just stopped working i.e. it stopped getting hot. I tried bleeding it but this did not work.

I asked two people to at it. The first was a friend and he unscrewed the valve and pressed the pin a few times and he did some other stuff (I think) and it worked again for a day. The second person did the same and it worked for an hour. The second person was someone who did other work in my house and he told me that it is because the flow for all the radiators in my apartment is wrong. Best would be to replace ALL the radiators and was happy to give me a quote for this.

Can you advise what could be the issue with my radiator and how I can fix this or have fixed?

Thanks so much!

Nav

Reply to Radiator not work in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday because the radiators were not working it has stopped working, if I go into the loft and press the flame button on and off it seems to come back to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator with a more mundane type 22 panel radiator. The problem is that the new radiator sort of worked in the beginning, but it does not emit any heat now...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking for some advice on how to remove this radiator value to check if the pin is stuck. I have two similar values in the house where those radiators aren’t heating up at all. The pipe leading into the value is cold but the rest of the system is working fine. Thanks for any help/advice!
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock