Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator not heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've had a large vertical radiator with new valves installed on a wall. All my other standard radiators heat up but this one only gets luke-warm. The thermostatic valve gets very hot but strangely, the inlet part of the radiator (right next to it) initially remains cool. I can feel the top part of the radiator gradually warming up slightly and eventually the whole radiator is warm, but only slightly. The thermostatic valve remains extremely hot. The lockshield valve is fully open and its outlet pipe eventually reaches the same low temperature as the radiator. What could be the problem?

Attachments

• DSC_0001a.JPG
    DSC_0001a.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0002a.JPG
    DSC_0002a.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0003a.JPG
    DSC_0003a.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 8
Here is a similar recent thread which will, hopefully, give you some pointers.

Reply to Radiator not heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
K
We have a dual heating system, a solid fuel stove with back boiler and a external kerosene heater. The kerosene heater is working fine heating the radiators and the water for the taps The solid fuel stove will heat the water for the taps but the radiators will only get luke warm. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators all together in one large room. The issue is with the 4 radiators in the large room. Basically not getting hot, the first 10% of the radiator is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not heat up unless the surrounding radiators are shut off. I have tried turning the surrounding radiators down but the have to be completely or very...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3 of high. The rest remain cold. Also, radiator is making quite loud noise when heating up. The system/radiator is free of air. My plumber was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock