Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator Issue - Southampton Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert1

I recently had a leaking thermostat isolation valve changed on one of my downstairs radiators which involved draining the central heating system. After refilling the system from a combi boiler I bled all the radiators except for one upstairs which will not open. The key grips initially but it is so tight it slides round on the thread where it is worn. The radiator is a double with the opening point facing inwards so space is restricted. Is there anyone local with suitable tools to bleed this radiator for me?

Robert buy a pair of long nose pliers and give it a go. Steady hand and a firm grip.

I have tried long nose pliers but the angle is so tight I cannot get a good enough grip. Maybe some angled long nose pliers or a ninety degree box torque wrench would do the trick but I would rather have the presence of a qualified experienced plumber do it in case I sheer off the thread and damage the radiator beyond repair

Be brave! Just think of the feeling of achievement you'll have. And with the money you save you can have a Sunday night Chinese takeaway. Glory be.

Help!!! I have tried angled long nose pliers and although I can get a good grip the bleed screw valve will not shift and has now been rounded so the key does not fit at all. any more suggestions as to how to bleed this radiator? As mentioned before this is a double radiator with restricted access and I want it bled from the inside where the bleed valve is so it is not visible to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator Issue - Southampton Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock