Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator extension piece in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. Just after a bit of help and advice. I'm changing a couple of radiators in our house and also putting in new TRV's. The new radiators are slightly shorter than the existing ones so I am planning on using TRV extension pieces at either end. The parts have arrived today from Screwfix but i'm not sure about something. (Please forgive my ignorance from this point on!) The extension pieces i've got our the rigid type rather than the telescopic.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/tesla...rc=aw.ds#product_additional_details_container

The TRV's look like this:

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/nickel-angled-radiator-valve-lockshield-15mm-x/39238

The problem is that the 15mm pipe bit of the extension doesn't appear to fit in the TRV. The nut does obviously fit but should I not expect the pipe to slot in to the TRV rather than just butt up to it? Do i need something like this?

Hope that makes sense!

If you use the extension piece from Screwfix that would then replace the tail part of the trv.So your extension piece spigot end would then fit inside the trv body.
The fitting you have shown is for a 3/4 union.The TRV will have 15mm connections or,as some people say,1/2 inch.

So basically you remove the tail that comes with the valve for this piece. The threaded connection goes into radiator end and the pipe, nut and olive go into valve end. So yes it should fit.

Reply to Radiator extension piece in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new ground floor extension built and the plumber has taken a feed from the main heating circuit from the boiler that runs under our easily accessible ground floor void, run 15mm speed fit pipes back up into the roof of the extension, and then fed back down to each radiator. We have...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm learning loads of new stuff by reading threads on this excellent forum (old dog too!)... but last night I was reading on here about rads and extension tails, and followed a link to a Screwfix product that was a tapered tail,.. but reading the Q&As there, the 1st Q asked if it was NOW...
Replies
Views
Hi Have a little job under kitchen sink and need to know how to identify fittings (valve, tee, coupler) suitable for drinking water. Should I be looking for only EN-1254-1 or EN 1254-2 or something else? For example, is this one good for drinking water...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I have a standard radiator (1/2" female bsp) on which I'm installing a new lockshield/TRV kit. The lockshield is similar to this: What happens if I remove the nut and everything on its left in the pic, and screw the valve directly into the radiator (with PTFE)? This would simplify my space...
Replies
Views
T
I have recently moved house and would like to move a radiator from a side wall, to one below the window as is more pleasing to the eye. I understand why it was not placed under the window, as my house is old and has concrete flooring so would be difficult when it comes to the pipework...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock