Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator copper pipe broke into two (photos attached) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,
First of all thank you for taking time to read my post, hopefully I can find help!
My problem is pretty straight forward, when I removed the radiator from the bathroom to paint the wall, the cooper pipe that connect the radiator to the wall broke into two, I will attach pictures to make it clear!
Any ideas or advices on how to fix it will be welcomed.
Thanks a lot,
Seed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_133333.jpg
    IMG_20200703_133333.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200703_133347.jpg
    IMG_20200703_133347.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200703_133352.jpg
    IMG_20200703_133352.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 38
Only way to fix that is open the wall and connect onto the existing pipe or fitting.
If there is enough thread on the fitting you may be able to use an M+F connector.

It's got a good right to have broken off, looks like somebody's been swinging on it with a pair of stillsons.

As said above, need to open the wall up.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, at the end it wasn't a hard fix
:)
, I enlarged the hole and take off the broken part.
My problem is solved,
Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_141714.jpg
    IMG_20200704_141714.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Radiator copper pipe broke into two (photos attached) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB boards. Pipe are lagged in stitched felt and what looks like bubble wrap with sand (?) over the top. During the bathroom refit, I lifted up some of the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, The metal spindal on the top of one of our radiator valves is snapped off and the radiator is always off, is there a quickish fix for this or will I have to drain the whole system to replace it, pictures inculded, thank you!!
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access beneath floorboards is quite good access. I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls instead and therefore looking to use speedfit products...
Replies
Views
Hi, a couple simple questions. 1. I have two pipes like seen on a attached photo in my back yard. One is for the waste from kitchen, the other one is for the waste from toilet/bathroom. Obviously rodents can easily get into them pipes.. is the any ways to prevent that? 2. And a second question...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a homeowner and have had a new shower installed. This meant the installation of a new radiator also. However, the plumber has placed the radiator far too close to the shower. It is right next to the exit/entrace of the shower which seems unsafe as it could burn undressed people and just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock