Search the forum,

Discuss Radiated heat with underfloor manifolds/controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

foxbox

Hi

Have a new build 2 story and want to use radiators combined with underfloor manifolds and separate programmable room thermostats.
house is 2500 sq foot.Each room including halls are wired for room thermostats.6 zones upstairs and 8 downstairs.Using manifold up and down with multi layer pipe.Boiler is a grand vortex-oil fueled situated in the utility.I was proposing to use heatmiser prt-n thermostats 12v and UH1 wiring centres, 240v actuators.300l solar cylinder with no buffer tank.

Can anyone tell me if the method i am trying to use will work well with radiated heat?or will my boiler be called on too much with different zones being possibly called at different times.Any suggestions please?

It will work well
Yes your boiler will be on when zones call for heat but will only run till that zone reaches set temp then shut down instead of trying to heat the hole floor or upstairs or downstairs zone
Each room zoned is the way to go IMHO
What part of NI you in

Hi there and thanks, I'm in Co.Armagh.
The only thing is if i have 1-2 zones calling more regularly than others my boiler will be coming on for that one zone, will this leave the system running below par as condensing boilers tend to run more efficiently when running for slightly longer.Or am i clutching at hairs?

Yes your clutching at straws
Less water content to heat less fuel used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiated heat with underfloor manifolds/controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. We have underfloor heating on a couple of levels in our house. One floor was not heating and I asked advice from a plumber we have used before. I sent him pictures of the manifold in question. While this was going on I switched off fuses and replaced batteries etc. The heating has kicked...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock