Search the forum,

Discuss Rad valves in bathroom in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, long time lurker, infrequent poster...

I have a rad in my bathroom with a TRV, simple enough so far...
The pin on the trv has seized.
I have tapped, sprayed wd40, tapped again, sprayed, twisted, pulled, tapped, sprayed... And the pin just wont open,so ive come to the conclusion its probably had its day...
Should be within my DIY skills to replace but i have a couple of questions please.
1. Is a TRV sensible in a bathroom? Ive read they can play up due to conditions and, it clearly has...
If not, what is the fancy name for a non trv replacement?
2. Swapping the valves only, is ok... Right?
I dont need to be replacing olives etc do i?
3.sizing, how many sizes are there, mines a small copper pipe so assume threads will bebtgevsamevetc?
4. Anything else worth knowing?
Normal system, tank in loft, boiler in kitchen, drain point on rad near door

Any help would be great, Cheers

Dean

Cheers, this is the offending item, it doesn't help that the pin is slightly tapered so its hard to grip it.
The black bit has a hex on it, does this mean it will turn if tried?

Attachments

• IMG_20201125_175829.jpg
    IMG_20201125_175829.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Rad valves in bathroom in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock