Search the forum,

Discuss Quooker...is 110 degree water really ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So in simple terms there is the equivalent of a high pressure steam engine installed in a domestic kitchen , ok never in mine or my customers ever
I have read enough , just to peel a tomato ..seen it in tv huh !
This is a great place to learn and contribute thank you all let’s keep it up
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

A couple of posts seem to be mixing up absolute and gauge pressures.

The boiling point of water is 110°C at 1.4 bar (absolute) pressure. Most pressure gauges, PRVs, etc. on plumbing, and most plumbers, use 'gauge pressure', which is the pressure above the local atmospheric pressure, so they would indicate ca 0.4 bar..

FWIW, I've seen first hand some horrific burns caused by relatively small amounts of very hot (not even boiling) water, and these gadgets make me very uneasy.

Less than 15L, no check valve? Is slowed to expand back into cold main? Then G3 wouldn’t apply.
Stupid idea though, especially if you’ve got kids!

NHBC position on boiling water taps:

Basically, if you have a Quooker, you won't get NHBC sign off without formal relaxion of G3 by the local authority. I have no idea if that could be got.

Reply to Quooker...is 110 degree water really ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock