Search the forum,

Discuss Quiet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bathroomboy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone finding it quiet at the moment, I have never been so quiet, I mainly specilise in full bathroom refits, I don't advertise in the local rag mainly word of mouth but not getting called for many quotes at the moment.

Anyone finding it quiet at the moment, I have never been so quiet, I mainly specilise in full bathroom refits, I don't advertise in the local rag mainly word of mouth but not getting called for many quotes at the moment.
same area and also quiet

well apart from economy,its school summer holidays so many people away or not wanting jobs done when kids off
hopefully you will pick something up soon

quiet also.

i do bathroom refits mostly too but guess its holiday time july-august. mostly repairs, leaks etc at mo but prefer refits. might just have to play online poker to earn a crust for next few weeks or go bust hehe.

Shouldn't ask £100,000 to change washers! Got money need the work doing but not paying out thousands just to get suite fitted.

Sorry to say it and it is easier said than done, but when times are hard and business is slow this is when you really need to be proactive in developing your business.

Organising advertising, leaflet drops contact od customers get down the merchants find out whos busy and ask why. It's not always about price, drop call out charges hourly rate only.

This is also the time to re negotiate your discounts if your quiet who is to say the merchants are any different.

You have to make you and your business stand out, dont go for the black and white advert put it in colour anything but keep going.

i have reverted back to the 'postman pat' style advertising, a couiple hours in the evenings and got a little from it but just a little. desperate time call for desperate measures. would pay kids to do it but need to get fit for the upcoming footy season ha.

july/august is busiest time of year for my firm, working on the schools while they are shut.
i would strongly recommend to anybody that they get themselves on the approved contractor list for their local council. ring them up and ask how to do this, easily done.
the jobs come in slow at first while they trial you, you will have to prove yourself to them, being available 24/7 for example. once your in you can start to tender for the other services such as boiler servicing/maintenance of valves etc.

you can charge top rate of about 35 per hour but you do have to prove your worth to them, you also need top rate insurance and be totally quallified, ie if you touch an unvented cylinder you need the ticket, you do any electrics you need the ticket.
if you touch something your not ticketed for and are found out they will never use you again! everything has to be signed off and they are well up on legionella at the mo, so water regs reqd as well. but 1k on extra training will give you the window you need. maybe not for now but for 6months time.

hope that helps a bit. in the meantime, head up doggy paddling. good luck.

shaun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ji Bathroomboy. Buying group is:- approaching nation wide suppliers and negotiating good rates, based on the potential of say £500,000 a year as a collective group purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quiet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock