Search the forum,

Discuss quick question about testing for leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reeves1985

Just a quick question

I currently have my bathroom rad off for re tile and decided to change rad for towel rail

This required a slight bit of modification to the pipework which has now been completed
What I would like to know is is there a quick simple way to test the joints for leaks without connecting the new towel rail
Because atm they are capped off with valves so whilst the system is now back in operation temporarily the return side won't have any water in the pipes to see if it leaks

Can I just connect the flow and return together to test whilst the retype is finished or is it not that simple?,

Return will have also filled back up, its all connected.

you can put a 1/2 flexi hose onto the valves, open into a bucket to bleed any air through and make sure it is filled to that point.

The water pressure is on all the pipework, doesn't matter what pipes or flows or returns.

Thanks buddy
I just realised it was a bit of a daft question when I put a bucket under it and opened the valve :eek:

At least it seems leak free :)

Systems been run up and bled then topped up
will need to be drained again after everything is done and towel rail installed properly
But on the plus side at least I know my soldering is fine

It gives you a sense of satisfaction rather than using the dit favourite push fit

Also add inhibitor to keep your lovely new rad lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quick question about testing for leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm going to have my bathroom renovated and that includes changing my rusty old rad for a towel rail. I wanna cut down the costs as much as possible so there's things I want to do myself. In order to change the rad I'll have to turn off the lock shields then slowly drain the rad. The thing is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi there thanks for your time to look at this. I've got a multi pump / circuit system which is connected via a relay box to the boiler and Honeywell timer programmers. Picture attached. Right now any single circuit can turn the boiler on an off at any time (assuming the programmers allow it)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock