Search the forum,

Discuss Quick Question About Pressure Switches in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 500 litre thermal store serving an old property that we are working through to replace most of the pipework, all of the rusty rads and to integrate a Heatmiser Neo control system with Emetti manifolds and control valves. Some UFCH comes later.

For safety I want to add a pressure switch controlling the circulating pump on to the system.

This is so that in the event of one of the old parts of the system springing a leak we don't pump a significant slice of that 500 litres into the property before the pump runs dry. I also can't risk the immersion heaters (especially the top one) running dry - there are three of them fed by 10kWp of solar PV and a proportional controller. Solar PV takes precedence over the gas fired boiler which is there for when the sun don't shine.

I already have the 1/4" BSP tapping near the pump but need a pressure switch. It looks like the best bet is going to be to use a boiler pressure switch - they are cheap and I don't have to worry about set-up since they are all going to switch off around the same pressure as the gas boiler feeding the store. There are plenty of them about - Warmflow Low Pressure Switch 3529 ; Grant Low Pressure Switch, MPCBS49 ; ARISTON 995903, etc.

My question is - are these items 240V switching? Because they are spare parts I can't find anywhere that tells me. If they are low voltage I could work with it but it means junction boxes, relays and power supplies that I'd prefer to avoid.

Or can anyone recommend a better solution?

Thanks.

A Danfoss KP135 can be used on a 240v system to control up to 1.9kw.

We use them in pumped accumulators in conjunction with a delay timer and shutoff valve

Last edited:

Reply to Quick Question About Pressure Switches in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock