Search the forum,

Discuss Quick polyplumb question, anybody help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sharp Point

Just drove 30m to a emergency call out, water through ceiling. The landlords handyman installed a new bathroom last year, silly get hasn’t tightened the hot polyplumb tap connecter. It has a fibre washer... is this normal? I wouldn’t know, as I don’t use plastic.

Thanks

Normally a rubber washer

Guess he’s lost the rubber and installed a fibre

Everywhere is closed and I need to get the water back on. Can I use another fibre washer Shaun?

Tell me about it
Get some ptfe wind it into a rope to suit the fitting and squirt in some silly cone off you
go..good luck . its poo being on ur own at this time of day
feel for you fella, Rob Foster Aldi often have washer packs
fibre or rubber in the middle bit and are open until 8 pm Saturday
aka centralheatking

Everywhere is closed and I need to get the water back on. Can I use another fibre washer Shaun?

You can try using an o ring if you have on

I’ve left now, I used fibre washers. The handy man can go back and swap the washers, he’s got the basin to refit and cladding for the bath panel. I only fix leaks on emergency call outs. The landlord is fine with that

Another fibre can be used, an oring if you have one, isolation valve, stop end, water on, fix another day. Also don’t know where you are but Wickes and B&Q open til late?

Edit: sorry, my iPad was playing up, it does that sometimes :mad:

I now carry 15mm and 22mm rubber Hep washers.
Rob’s idea of using plenty of ptfe tape to make a washer might seem to be a botch, but it does a good job.

s-l300.jpg

It has WRAS approval, just requires modifying to actually use - like a lot of WRAS approved fittings. In this case remove sawdust, remove snot, clean up all surfaces and apply rubber cone washer....

Reply to Quick polyplumb question, anybody help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock