Search the forum,

Discuss Quick kicthen sink measurement and size question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Just wondered if I could have some quick advice re kitchen sink measurement as I want to be sure I buy the right sized replacement sink. I see that sink widths and lengths come in standard sizes, but when I measured my sink it falls between two of these standard sizes - i.e. 98.5cm length by 50.3cm. So would I get a sink measuring eg 100cm in length or 98cm in length for instance? Do I buy bigger than I think or smaller? Many thanks

Bigger, the hole can always be increased a little but if you buy small there will be a gap at the end. Make sure if you buy wider though, that your worktop has enough room to cut the hole and leave enough for the integrity.

Reply to Quick kicthen sink measurement and size question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on kitchen sinks and bathroom washbasins? Must the supply come directly from the mains or can it come from the cold water storage tank? Or is the...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up through one hole, has 2 taps that turn and the unit can swivel to go to either basin. The taps have 4 prongs that can be turned (sorry not technical)...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up through one hole, has 2 taps...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock