Search the forum,

Discuss Question re: condensate pump on Greenstar 440 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

The condensate pump on my Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 CDI is flashing green and red simultaneously, halting after a few goes at starting up from power on. Is there anywhere I should be looking for obvious issues ahead of the plumber coming out in a few days?

Thanks, Lou

Pictures please which brand and model ? the flashing sequence should indicate the problem from a fault finding chart usually found in the installation instructions, these can usually be found online , I would start by looking for obstructions either in the pump itself or in the pipeline existing the pump and where it finally dumps the condense. Kop

Pictures please which brand and model ? the flashing sequence should indicate the problem from a fault finding chart usually found in the installation instructions, these can usually be found online , I would start by looking for obstructions either in the pump itself or in the pipeline existing the pump and where it finally dumps the condense. Kop
Hi,
It's a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440 CDI. The condensate pump is Bosch. Unfortunately I'm away now, so can't picture. The manual does indeed indicate that dual lights flashing indicates it's trying to run dry. It's accessible from swivelling the PCB and expansion tank, so managed to take a quick look inside yesterday night. What I assume to be the float switch was sat high despite tank being empty, so I guess that's it rather than any blockage etc. I'll let the pro determine whether it can be resurrected/repaired. Cheers!

Reply to Question re: condensate pump on Greenstar 440 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I usually get the shout from a family member who’s in the shower and found there’s no hot water. If I’m near the boiler when this happens, I can see the...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Hi all, We've bought a property that has a Worcester Greenstar 37CDi boiler installed, with an old British Gas RS2 Thermostat linked to it. I'm not clued up on boilers in any way, though I'm quite handy with mechanics and always like to learn how things work. The problem: The internal Bosch...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling suggests means no gas, blocked flue or blocked condensate pipe. There is gas, the flue is clear, and the condensate pipe goes into the under-sink waste...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic Regular Gas Boiler (Gravity Fed System) new boiler and it was installed by a British Gas engineer recently, as I wanted a Gas Safe certificate with this...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Ahead of some renovation work, we had a 50 year old old floor standing boiler in the utility room removed and a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri wall mounted in the garage. Aside from being old, the original boiler worked perfectly. A full...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock