Search the forum,

Discuss question dudes!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

300 ltr cylinder unvented with 15mm cold feed and 22 or 28 mm hot out .. going to over 10 hot sevices including one bath and 2 mixer showers!! would it be sufficient !! is there a rule of thumb for flow rates /pressure and pipe bore into and out of cylinder .. thanks dara:D

outlets if wash hand basins 0.1 litres second required per tap. depending on site and k factor. might give you a requirement of 0.3 - 0.7 litres per second.
pipe size that to 1.5metres/second from my little wheel give inside diameter of pipe from 17mm to 26mm.
do it in 22mm? at a guess - need more info.

the big clue would be in the size of pipe connections to cylinder !

cheers migo ,your always on the ball.
for 14 colds and 10 hots..all 1/2 inch with on 3/4 inch bath hot and cold.would 1/2 inch be adequate??

brain tells me 28mm without further info. deffo not 1/2 inch

does the inlet pipe split and provide balanced hot and cold to p.o.u.
are they all baths ?
toilets included ?
care home or similar ?

hi back,,, on the scene again ..
got this one sorted migo ..thanks for the help ...system much improved after the re fitting of 28 mm supply pipe ...not sure what the original had in mind with the 15 mm piping arrangement .. got information about loadings for outlets and 1 inch was the only option after some simple sums and more encouragement form your opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to question dudes!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock