Search the forum,

Discuss Question about flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karen Davies

I haven't used this site before so here goes. I hope someone can help.

My neighbours built a single storey extension in 2006 and I believe the flue is in an illegal position but I'd appreciate your advice.

It is within 200mm of the boundary line and I thought it had to be within 600mm.

I now want to build an extension myself and they are reluctant to move the flue saying I cannot build a wall within 300mm of it.

A gas engineer has declared it safe to build but advices extending the flue for future maintenance.

I have offered to pay for the extension of the flue to hurry things along, but apparently the boiler is too old for more than a 2metre extension.

Can they dictate where my party wall should go because of the siting of their flue?

I would appreciate any help with this matter.

Thank you - Karen

talk to the planning officer and if they giive permission, you are within your rights to build, and your neighbour needs to ensure their flue isnt in a position to affect your boundary space. talking is the only way ahead, as if you build and then their flue becomes unsafe they wont be chatting to you again and life becomes a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question about flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock