Search the forum,

Discuss Query on gas pipe sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchdc

Hi to all,
just noticed on my 25 kW combo boiler Worcester greenstar si compact that the gas input pipe is 22mm from the meter changing to 15mm pipe and then back to 22mm about 1 metre from boiler. Is that correct as it seems a bit odd?

thanks
fdc

Depends on distances involved but doesn't sound right when was it fitted

How long ago was it fitted?
You could get a gas safe engineer to gas rate the boiler to put your mind at ease, or to confirm its not correct.

Best thing to do would be to call in a gsr to check the working pressure.

Boiler installed in 2013. Boiler is in the garage and is only 3 metres from gas meter.
15mm pipe is teed off 22mm pipe after 1 foot from meter then changed again to 22mm just before entering boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Query on gas pipe sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock